Tuesday, June 15, 2010

The Life Of A College Graduate

So I graduated college!

10 years in the making, guys.  And can I just say that through all the hard times, all the tears, all the darkness, the people who have helped me up and dragged me along if need be have seen me reach the finish line to that chapter in my life.  I have never felt so accomplished, blessed, and RELIEVED.

But onto new challenges!  Right now I am a hitting the pavement hardcore, y'all.  You need to be hustlin' to get that cheddar and trust me, I am hustlin' and bustlin' my freckled bum off.  I got a full schedule to the point that every day I get home, look at the clock and go "I'm sorry, when did it get to be THAT late?  Didn't I just wake up an hour ago?"

I'm both auditioning and job hunting, so keep me in your thoughts.  As the illustrious Chris Fields says, (who occasionally is an intelligent man,) "Just keep telling yourself 'I'm Getting A Job, I'm Getting A Job."  Well Chris, that mantra is holding fast in my head.  It's getting me job interviews, so let's see that chant become reality!

On the auditioning front I've been working on some print and TV stuff, since the theatre auditions are definitely on the slow side right now.  I'm currently in development of a short film I got the bug to produce, and as for the cabaret...

Let's talk about that for a minute.  The cabaret is developed as it can be without a solid pianist to develop it with.  And it's incredibly important to me that they are a good fit with me.  So I put an ad out.  Granted, it was on Craig's List, but you gotta start somewhere, right?  And most of my pianist friends are otherwise engaged at the moment.  One of the individuals that submitted was SO lovely, and we hit it off well, but after some discussion we found that we both thought it best if we look for someone whose goals were a little more parallel with my own.  The other was...well...

The other was a drag queen who played with two fingers.

And with that thought, I leave you all to bed.  Sleep tight, my bloggies.  And may flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.

Much Adoration,
Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment